Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Asakusa Samba Carnival

This is the most, most interesting event in Tokyo. Samba dancers and masks walk along two streets in Asakusa district. It takes around 6 hours for 30 samba schools to walk by. I usually go to see this event.

Samba
Image: Samba parade in Asakusa

Samba
Image: Samba parade in Asakusa

This year it started to rain in the middle of the parade. I thought that parade is over with the rain, but to my surprise next samba school was coming out of the corner, like nothing has happened. It was not light drizzle, but really heavy rain. As you can hear in video, even speakers in the truck have electrical short-circuits. Despite of the rain, samba dancers were walking and giving sunny smiles for us - people standing with umbrellas on the street side. I can only adore those dancers for their passion and love for samba dance.

Not everything is on video, because I was trying clap and wave. Still some moments I captured for you.

Video: Samba Carnival - some video impressions

No comments: