Friday, January 2, 2009

Meeting New Year in Kamakura

This is New Year’s Eve of 2009 in Tsurugaoka Hachimangu shrine in Kamakura town. Pretty cool event. I liked idea with television screen and everything - can enjoy watching some videos and advertisements before going into shrine and making this year’s wish. Comparing with last year in Kawasaki, waiting time at this shrine was very fast - partially because of good time we arrived. Crowds usually come before New Year and later - after people met New Year at home.


Video: midnight and morning

I was browsing food stalls with hopes to find lovely New Year’s Cinderella serving fried chickens, but nobody was into chicken business at this place. Only takoyaki, takoyaki which is not my field.

Celebrating togather with friends from Thailand - they can’t take too much cold outside. Later on, we slept on chairs in some café and went to watch sunrise at the beach. Sunrise was really fast and I could not capture first moments - when I got out camera, sun was already 30% out from mountains. On the other side was good sight on Fuji in the snow.

I thought my friends become small ice cubes in this cold, but to my surprise they were very genki after seeing sunrise.

New Year
Image: sun is about to come

New Year
Image: Konnichi wa!

It was cold, but New Year is New Year and it’s always cold this time.

Happy New Year and Happy Every Day!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, that first still on this post is stunning, you need to copyright it :)

Mountaincat said...

Hi! Thank you :) It belongs to internet :)